So I have been chatting with this man for some time now and it’s like he’s playing hard to get.
I didn’t care that he said he doesn’t talk to strangers at the beginning. I had already introduced myself, which changed my status from stranger to acquaintance.
Since then, I’ve been greeting this man good morning and good night every single day. Can’t he see that I have swallowed my pride?
I have been waiting for him to get with the program and start to make moves, but the man is slow.
We are still in the talking stage, on God. I’m thinking that maybe I should hit him on the head with a love memo. Look, I’m not getting any younger.
Anyway, I sent him a picture today because I was looking like a babe and more, and tensioning is the name of the game.
It looked like it worked because the man texted me immediately, “WHO’S YOUR DADDY?”
Ah! Is it really happening like this? Am I dreaming?
Finally, all of my hard work has paid off.
I can never let an opportunity pass me by, so I sharply answered, “You’re my daddy.”
*I giggled like a hybrid monkey*
Hah! It was his turn to make the next move.
I was so excited, until I saw, “Hahaha! Very funny. But that’s biologically incorrect.”
Wait! What? Excuse me!
This man is not serious, abi?
What’s all this finicky business?
I was looking at my phone like I forgot the password of my Kuda bank app, because…
Is romance dead? Asking for a friend.
#Day 5 of My Journal Series
- How To Live Like A HeroAnd the pressure keeps growing and growing and growing until you feel like you are moments away from exploding.
- The Story of How I Met Mo-IsuThe apparition introduced himself as Mo.
- Saturdays Are For WeddingsIt is an unspoken rule that Saturdays are for weddings in Nigeria.
- On How To Tell Stories Of HopeI didn’t think it was possible after all the time I spent wandering and searching for anybody who could understand me, or even see me.
- No Finicky BusinessLook, I’m not getting any younger.