It’s morning and it sucks, and motivational speeches cannot convince you otherwise.
Waking up can be exhausting. You know you have to do it again – this thing called life – and it leaves you trembling.
Maybe today will be better than yesterday…
You want to believe your smiles won’t always turn into frowns. Perhaps good things don’t have to show up with the bad in tow. And luck and destiny are not always poor bedfellows.
You know better because life has burned you more times than you can count…a lot of times.
What are the odds?
You are not the firstborn child of pessimism or a prophet of doom.
Just like every other person in this world you wish life is a picture. You want to run on the beach, with the wind blowing in your hair, the sun shining in your eyes, and a big smile on your face.
A picture that will stay that way forever and ever.
It’s not working!
There’s no motivation speech sending you out the door. No pop song telling you to live your best life. The quiet voice in your head that comforts you is drowned by your thousands of worries. You are convinced that the only thing you are good at is failing.
Yet you pull yourself together and get up from your bed. You know that life is not picture-perfect, and you’ll break your heart no matter how hard you try.
But you will try…and that makes all the difference. ❤️❤️❤️
#Day 29 of 30 days writing challenge – Not Enough Writers
Photo Credit: Pexels
- Left BehindThe abandoned church stood like a man awaiting trial.
- How To Live Like A HeroAnd the pressure keeps growing and growing and growing until you feel like you are moments away from exploding.
- The Story of How I Met Mo-IsuThe apparition introduced himself as Mo.
- Saturdays Are For WeddingsIt is an unspoken rule that Saturdays are for weddings in Nigeria.
- On How To Tell Stories Of HopeI didn’t think it was possible after all the time I spent wandering and searching for anybody who could understand me, or even see me.