Welcome to February! The month is dedicated to love, romance, and heartbreak. (Most of us get all three of them every other month anyway).
It’s great. And I want to give an update on how the year has been so far.
How I expected it to be, how it has been, and how I’m doing. A little bit of this and that.
Okay, let me start from the beginning.
I was really looking forward to the new year – no new year resolutions though because I suck at them. Just general plans on how I wish to spend the year. Most of it was geared towards discovering myself – career-wise because I’m still swimming in deep waters.
So, this year, I was going to put in the work, watch how I do it, and make the necessary adjustments.
Sidebar: One thing I’ve learned is to make plans in this order: Make plans – dive into plans – watch as things fall apart or work – and have zero expectations. It is the way I’m able to keep my sanity and save myself from heartache (most times).
How I expected the year to be.
- Find a niche/niches.
- Take up projects.
- Create stunning online portfolio.
- Get offers left and right.
- Create a mailing list.
- Kick off personal branding.
How the year has been
- I quit my job – I haven’t found a new one yet.
- My phone got bad – I haven’t bought a new one yet.
- I’m taking a content marketing course (I narrowed down my digital marketing).
- Started creating a portfolio on my google drive…baby steps.
- School on my mind.
- I’ve not been taking pictures – It’s killing me.
- Still auditing my blog. The home page is almost complete but I keep tweaking it. I plan to add another page like gallery and maybe a library page soon. (The last part is a total rip off from this guy).
- Editing some of my old writings. It’s a cringe-fest, but I’m powering through.
- Spending time on skin and hair care. Omg it is so much work to take care of my 4c hair, and I’m fighting breakouts and acne scarring every other day.
- I started a 30-days writing challenge. This post is for day 14 and…hold up! Is today February 14th?
Oh my God! Is today, Valentine’s Day?
Sidebar again: Okay, for a moment there I thought that today was really Valentine’s Day and I freaked out. Not because I’ve made plans with any man, which I’m guessing is normal, right? Okay! I freaked out because it felt like this year is playing a fast one on me. I understand that I’ve been offline for a while, and this makes me off-balance. No problem, I’m getting used to it. But that’s no excuse for the year to go by without me noticing it. Not cool!
How am I doing?
I’m doing okay.
Despite how crazy things are at the moment, I’m doing okay.
Thank you for reading.
Love, hugs, and kisses.
PS This is not fiction, you know that right?